Weekend Meditation Retreat
Guided by Bob Kapitany.
Bob is president of the Cittamani Tara Mahayana Buddhist Meditation Center of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (email: email@example.com). Bob is Zasep Tulku Rinpoche's senior Western student, delegated to teach.
- SUBJECT: A weekend retreat focusing on purification of the mind (Sojong). Practice will consist of Vipassana (Insight meditation consisting of walking and sitting), and Vajrasattva (developing the essential purity of the Buddhamind).
- PREREQUISITES: Sincere interest to further develop one's continuing meditative practice.
- LEVEL OF PRACTICE: Middle & informed beginner.
- CAPACITY: 8 persons maximum, registered in advance.
- WHEN: March 18-19, 2000, 9am-6pm Saturday, 9am-4pm Sunday.
- WHERE: Home of George Davies and Kathy Matas, 355 Lake Forest Blvd, Kalamazoo, MI. Off of W. Main, turn south (East of the light at Solon St.), onto the street where you see the large "Lake Forest Apartment Homes" sign. Park at the Apartment complex office and call Kathy & George. One of them will meet you and direct you to guest parking. Please arrive around 8:30am so that we can take care of parking and are ready to begin the retreat at 9am. (Click here for map) Phone: 345-9829.
- This & That: Simple vegetarian lunches will be provided. Also bring what you may need for comfort during sitting meditation.
- DONATION: Members $50, non-members $75.
- REGISTER: By mail, to to Katherine Matas, 355 Lake Forest Blvd, Kalamazoo, MI 49006. If you have questions call her at 387-8173 (wk) or 345-9829 (hm), or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.