Weekend Meditation Retreat
Ven. XIII-th Zasep Tulku Rinpoche
- SUBJECT: Mahamudra meditation according to the Geluk/Kagyu Tradition.
- PREREQUISITES: Sincere interest to further develop one's continuing meditative practice.
- LEVEL OF PRACTICE: Foundation level meditative skill-building.
- CAPACITY: 15 Persons, registered in advance.
- WHEN: Weekend of 13-14 May 2000, 9:00am to 6:00pm Saturday, 9:00am to 4:00pm Sunday.
- WHERE: At Thekchen Choling Mahayana Learning Center, 60933 Main Street (called Old 119 on the Yahoo map!), Jones MI. That's half way between Three Rivers and Niles, Michigan. (Click on link below for map.) A small but long established center, formerly with a tulku in residence, this is probably West Michigan's most impressive and inspiring shrine rooms. Very encouraging to to Dharmic practice.
- DONATION: Members $50, non-members $75.
- NOTES: It is permitted to stay overnight. Accommodations are primitive. We will sleep on the floor in sleeping bags. You may wish to pack as if preparing for backpacking-bring all you may need for personal hygiene and sleeping. No showers are available and we are renting a port-o-potty. There is no additional cost for overnight stay. Simple vegetarian meals will be provided. Also bring what you may need for comfort during sitting meditation and clothing in case it is still cool, i.e., warm socks, a shawl or lap blanket.
- REGISTER: By mail, to Lama Tsongkhapa Center, P. O. Box 163, Galesburg MI 49053-0163. For further info contact the Center by voice mail 349-1327 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.