Buddhist Vows & Green Tara Initiation
Guided by Ven. 13th Zasep Tulku Rinpoche of Tibet
- SUBJECT: Green Tara Blessing & Empowerment
- PREREQUISITES: Blessing Only = No religious vows required at this level; Empowerment = Refuge & Bodhisattva Vows. Any person, Buddhist or not, may attend the entire event accepting the blessing of Compassionate Tara. Anyone so desiring may also take Refuge and Bodhisattva Vows by reciting after Rinpoche at the appropriate time. The only difference between the levels of participation are to be found in the individual practitioner's heart and mind. Empowered practitioners will be encouraged to undertake Tara's contemplation as a part of regular religious practice. Blessing-only participants are kindly asked not to do so. Lacking the necessary vows, no great beneficial karmic effect is likely to be generated in such a case.
- LEVEL OF PRACTICE: Open Admission, All levels
- CAPACITY: No specific limit as yet
- WHEN: On Wednesday, June 16, at 7:30pm
- WHERE: The People's Church, 1758 North 10th St, Kalamazoo Michigan.
- DONATION: Full Participantsoffer private envelope to Rinpoche at appropriate time; Blessing Only Participantssuggested offering of $5 (or whatever) in center offering bowl.
- REGISTER: No advance registry required. For further info contact Gan Starling, voice mail 349-1327, e-mail , postal address Lama Tsongkhapa Center, P. O. Box 163, Galesburg MI 49053-0163