Weekend Meditation Retreat
Guided by Bob Kapitany
- SUBJECT: Vipassana & Lojong (mind training) Meditation.
- PREREQUISITES: None.
- LEVEL OF PRACTICE: Middle & Informed Beginner Levels.
- CAPACITY: Twelve persons maximum, registered in advance.
- WHEN: On the weekend of May 21-23, 9am-10pm Saturday, 7am-4pm Sun.
- WHERE: At Thekchen Choling Mahayana Learning Center, 60933 Main Street, Jones MI. That's half way between Three Rivers and Niles, Michigan. (Click on link below for map.) A small but long established center, formerly with a tulku in residence, this is probably West Michigan's most impressive and inspiring shrine rooms. Very encouraging to to Dharmic practice.
- DONATION: Members = $50; non-menbers = $75 We have to pay for Bob's 2-way plane ticket from Ottawa, provide meals for all, etc.
- NOTES: It is recommended that you stay overnight. Accommodations are primitive. We will sleep on the floor in sleeping bags. You may wish to pack as if preparing for backpacking-bring all you may need for personal hygiene and sleeping. No showers are available and we are renting a port-o-potty. There is no additional cost for overnight stay. Simple vegetarian meals will be provided. Also bring what you may need for comfort during sitting meditation and clothing in case it is still cool, i.e., warm socks, a shawl or lap blanket.
- REGISTER: Contact Katherine Matas, tel. 3878173, 345-9829, email email@example.com. Or contact LTC Coordinator, voice mail 3491327, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, postal address Lama Tsongkhapa Center, P. O. Box 163, Galesburg MI 490530163